I’m a British freelance Director/Producer based in beautiful Devon, UK. I specialise in authentic and highly visual short documentaries and branded content. I work as a director for hire or as part of a larger creative unit.
I love working collaboratively to turn ideas into content. I’m equally happy making Idents, branded content, experimental video art, social media stop motion shorts, full-blown feature documentaries, corporate promos, music videos, charity films or TV commercials.
My work has featured on the BBC, the Oprah Winfrey Network, Channel 4, Huffington Post and The Atlantic. Recent clients have included NASA, London Olympics, Samsung, Etsy, National Trust and Photobox. I’m also an Associate Lecturer in (BA) Creative Media and (BA) Filmmaking at Plymouth University, UK.
I've been very lucky to do what I love for over two decades. My first career, spanning 12 years in BBC radio/TV news, saw me producing/directing some of the biggest stories in the region, working with national correspondents for the Six, One and Ten o’clock News. Since embarking on freelance directing/producing in 2006, I’ve won over 30 awards for my documentary portraits and experimental films.
I received my MA in English from Cambridge University, Post Graduate Diploma in Broadcast Journalism from Falmouth University and have a Foundation Diploma in Fine Art (distinction). I also have Grade 8 viola (distinction).
Visual aesthetics, creativity, storytelling, interviewing, human beings, delivery
- I have run three successful crowdfunding campaigns raising over £30k.
- I worked in Paris for a year and speak French well.
- I helped deliver The Philharmonia Orchestra’s digital installation iOrchestra in 2015. iOrchestra went on to win the Royal Philharmonic Award for Audiences and Engagement.
- I draw and paint. In 2009, artist Kari Furre and I designed and fabricated a large-scale public sculpture for the Rebecca Adlington Swimming Centre in Mansfield, Nottingham.
- I collaborated on a cinema experiment allowing an audience's bio-signals to 'choose' one of 4 possible narrative endings, published here Unconsciously interactive Films in a cinema environment—a demonstrative case study