Across four years, from 2012-2016, I directed my debut feature documentary, Out of Order.
This groundbreaking film reveals the complex and painful struggles faced by lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer faith leaders as they confront entrenched bigotry, and work to build loving support within the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A).
To host a screening, please visit outoforderdoc.com
Mieke Vandersall, Alex McNeill
Aden Hakimi and Danny Cooke
- Amanda Bluglass — Parity Award for Social Justice in Documentary Film, 2016
- Official Selection — Outfest, 2017
- Official Selection — Portland Oregon Women’s Film Festival, 2017
- Official Selection — Out on Film, Atlanta’s LGBT Film Festival, 2016
- Official Selection — Cinema Diverse, Palm Springs LGBTQ Film Festival, 2016
“Amanda, thank you, thank you, thank you for this film. As the chaplain to 1000+ high schoolers, many of whom need exactly the message this film portrays, I am so grateful. Last night my kids got to see three, out, queer and Christian leaders who are thriving. They know it is possible to be both fully a person of faith and queer. More than that, they know they are loved. This thing you've created is extraordinary. It was an honor to be the first high school to share it with our students, faculty, and staff.”
– Heidi Carrington Heath, Phillips Exeter Academy, Exeter, New Hampshire USA